Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Learn Something New Everyday

I finally got our family picture hung up and I didn't even drop a break the frame this time. I love it. Doesn't it look great? Check out the pumpkins just in time for fall.

We had a great weekend, the weather was cool and blustery so I wasn't even tempted to go outside and work, I just hunkered down and set up a project table and made a list of things I could do while I watched conference. I loved it. I kept my little notebook by my side and took notes and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and the wonderful messages from our leaders. The messages brought comfort and peace to my soul and I found many things that answered questions and concerns I had. I loved the humor of the blind date and the calm peace and witness that came from seeing a living prophet. I found that I need to fill our days with things that matter the most, when we are united we can accomplish anything with the Lord. We must speak well of others and don't judge wrongfully. Hope from Elder Uchtdorf promised that it would bring peace and rejoicing and our love of God will pierce all darkness and there are angels among us. So much more. I loved it. How come I am so blessed?

We had the local fam come over for ham dinner and we watched the last session together (even Papa, watched most of all the sessions!)

One other thing I loved was Sister Dalton's motto as she first served the the General Young Women's. "I Can Do Hard Things". We accepted that as our motto for our Stake Young Women's Presidency. Now Sister Dalton has added "In the Strength of the Lord, I can do hard things." We are all asked to do hard things and we know where our strength can come.
Well I have learned a lot today, how to add a post and adding a picture. That's really amazing for me. I have lots more to share, but my sleepy time is here.

2 comments:

Rach said...

I loved your post! The family picture looks so good! I still need to get mine framed and hung up. I'm sad that we missed ham dinner with the rest of the fam. I can't wait to visit during Christmas!

Unknown said...

Exciting to read your blog Delores. I love Doug and Rach's too. Thanks for sharing. barb