Sunday, October 12, 2008

We get a day off!!!!!

Thank you Columbus for discovering America. I love a day off. I have great plans:

paint the utility room
paint the kitchen
install a door on the upstairs
shingle the wash house
wrap up the hoses for winter
such a fun day.

Do you recognize these little characters, they just dropped in to visit. One of them is havin a big birthday this week.

Yes we are ready for Halloween.


Yes we did have snow and it is sticking.......
When it gets this time of year I love to make carmeled apples.

Marci has a good recipe that they love:

2 c half n half cream

2 c sugar

1 c light karo

1/2 c butter

1/2 tsp. salt

1 T vanilla

heat cream to lukewarm, pour off 1 c and set aside.

Add Karo and sugar to pan, bring to a boil, add other cream and boil 5 min, add butter and salt. Boil to softball stage (when you take a tsp of carmel and put in a cup of cold water and it forms a softball), then add vanilla.

I like to cut up the apples and dip in the carmel or cut up the apples in small chunks and pour the carmel over them and eat with a fork or do the traditional carmel apples.

I am going to hurry and post this one cause I have typed it three times now as you can see! I am still learning and need to be humbled.

No comments: