Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just when you least expect it

Because I chose to work in banking, I always new that a robbery was a possibility. After 14 years in banking, it really happened. It is a nerve shaking experience when someone comes in and threatens your space.
A young lady entered the bank with sunglasses, a hat and a hoodie pulled over her head and gave the teller a note that said she wanted money. Then she calmly walked out and drove away. We were able to get the license plate number and make of car and because of that she was in custody within two hours. There is so much drama as the police come and search the building with guns, sirens, and the news media all over the place. Everyone is fine and handled everything so well and with professionalism. The branch has a lot to talk about and we found that talking is a healthy way to calm the nerves. We are back to business as usual and we will be fine. I still love my job.

3 comments:

Deena said...

That is so scary. I'm sure it was hard to concentrate after that

Rach said...

I still can't believe that happened! We were SO worried about you when we first found out! I'm glad you are okay!

Holly said...

EeeK! I saw it on the news and I wondered if it was your branch! I'm so glad it all worked out. I sort of felt sorry for the girl, she just needed rent and grocery money...but still WHO DOES THAT?! Crazy.