Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cookies Spooky Day

Wow we all got together for a fun day. No this isn't our normal dress! We were dressed for fun. The weather was incredible, no coats covering our costumes and our bags soon filled up with lots of candy. It was great fun. Yes the photographer might needs some more lessons. Brookie had the cutest costume and guess what I had one almost as cute as hers.

The day was so nice, I had to take it off. The girls carved pumpkins on the lawn. We rode the lawnmower around a had lots of fun. Torrey was great a finished shingling my roof on my little shed, that Doug and Troy had started. I love the boys in our family. Thanks!!!!

We had fun earlier in October with most of the girls building our little haunted house and then our little ghost friend BOO that visits each year.

We look forward now to Thanksgiving and getting the fall work done. The tractor needs a cab with all the rain and cool weather we have had, so Jerry is working on that but it will have to be a winter project as there is work to do. So we are hunkering down for winter.
I just got back from Salt Lake with Executive Banking meetings. They are always fun and reminds me I do work with good people and really enjoy my job. It also means that I get to go to the big city and be with the kids down there. This was a good time to go because it was Jill's birthday, and we tried to do a few surprises for Jill, but we shopped instead and had lots of fun. We ate at Olive Garden, yum. We sewed pumpkins! (No we don't grow them here we sew them, that's the only way we can get them). So HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIll. Jill needs to tell you about Brookies cute gift.
Back to work for a day and then Veteran's Day , a great day to remember our troops. The tabernacle choir played some patriotic music this morning on the Spoken Word, I was driving home from SLC and just singing along. I love this country. We are blessed, dispite the problems it has.



3 comments:

Holly said...

We were so lucky that we got to see all the Cook's dressed up for Halloween! :) You are such a FUN family!!

Neal and Angie said...

Looks like you guys had too much fun! You are such a fun Grandma...those girls are lucky!

Rach said...

It looks like you had a great Halloween! The kids look so cute in their costumes! How fun that you took the day off too! :) We miss you guys!